RO3 Demin Plant EPC Project for ALBA
In order to meet the growing demands of demineralized water in the power stations and in future upgrades it was necessary to install a demineralized water plant at ALBA. The main objective of this project is design, supply and installation and commissioning of complete 2nd pass Reverse Osmosis (RO) along with mixed beds or electro de-ionization (EDI) units with a total output capacity of 50m3/h. MCSC executed this project as the EPC Contractor.
Project Scope & Highlights:
Project scope included EPC of civil, mechanical, piping construction, painting, electrical, instrumentation, pre‐commissioning & commissioning works which involves all the field devices, control system, human machine interface, fire system and SCADA. The scope of work also included construction of DM water tank with a capacity of 250m3.
- Duration: 14 Months (Nov. 2014 to Jan. 2016).
- Man-hours: 161,580 Hours, without LTI.
- Concrete Works: 320 Cu.M.
- Excavation Works: 1,653 Cu.M.
- Piping Welding: 2,368 Inch Dia.
- Structural Steel Fabricated & Erected: 30 Tons.
- Equipment erected and commissioning: 9 Nos.
- SS Tank (250 Cu. M capacity) Installation-1 Nos.
- Electrical Cable Laid: 5000 m.
- Total Loop Checks: 74 Nos.
- Commissioning of Electrical equipment’s- 3 Nos.
- Room (LV room): 1 Nos.