GPIC Construction of High Pressure Steam Boiler Project
In 2011 GPIC decided to install new high pressure steam boiler to enhance performance of operations. This natural gas fired high pressure boiler was prefabricated by MACCHI. Technimont ICB (TICB) was the EPC Contractor for engineering, procurement and construction and MCSC was the General Contractor for all the construction activities. MCSC executed this project at a very high standard of quality.
Project Scope & Highlights:
- Boiler - MAWP When Built - 1914 PSIG.
- Boiler Heating Surface - 4801 SQ.FT.
- Maximum Designed Steam Capacity – 220,462 LBS/Hour.
- Piping (ASME B31.3): 12,100 Inch Dia.
- Piping (ASME B31.1 & Sec.1): 4,400 Inch Dia.
- Boiler tube welding at site with restricted access.
- Structural Steel Fabrication and Installation: 197.0 Tons.
- Equipment Installed: 349.5 Tons.
- Insulation Work: 3,362.0 m2.
- Painting Area - 5406.0 m2.
- Boiler Assembly: ASME “S” stamped by MCSC and certified by LRQA.
- Pumps Installed: 2 Nos. of multi stage (13 stage).